Friday, March 21, 2008

Not so good Friday

Today, my dad celebrated his 67th birthday but since it is also Good Friday, we had none of our customary family dining get-together. Fasting is the thing today and we did our part.

Around 2:00 pm, I woke to my cellphone ringing but saw an unfamiliar number. I still answered it in the hope that the call would come from someone who I've been wishing would contact me. I didn't get a reply to my "hello" and the line died. I went back to bed but after a few seconds, the phone rang again and I saw the same number. Again, I answered and said hello. And again, no answer. I blamed my phone because it was old -- my sister told me I should have mine replaced already because it's a sign that my unit is "dying" -- so maybe the person on the other line could not hear me.

Then I received this text message:

"Ben scln ni.nagsakit bya ko kron ben.bsn sa monday pa ko blik pwd e email ko na lng sa imo amo part3? Daun nag ingon ako nanay dri na lng daw mag gawad tket?"

What the h*ll was that?

Later I went to my favorite forum, Etrainstation.com, to find out that some of his fans actually feel upset that my favorite artist, Elliott Yamin, has not been updating us on what is happening with him. I, sometimes, cannot understand people -- they choose to love, yet want something back in return. Is that even love at all?

No comments: