Sunday, March 23, 2008

Henna on my hair

Today, I had my sister henna my hair. It's a regular ritual, which nowadays causes me migraine. Why do I do it still? Because I get compliments from people for how my hair looks like, like I had it "rebonded." And being a girl, there's nothing more priceless than something to fuel my vanity.

I think henna did the trick for solving my hair issues. A few weeks ago, I had a trim, an event that rarely happens for two reasons: I dread any comment from the hairstylist and I really don't want to see my hair get shorter. My gay hairdresser, who seemed pissed at that time, later asked if I had my hair relaxed. I shook my head, smiled, and told him, it's just that straight. Before, all I would get was, "your hair looks dry, you should try our hot oil treatment" or "your hair is so thin, I could see your scalp at the back." So imagine how that recent remark made me feel.

I get my henna from a specialty shop called Healthy Options. I usually get the brand Light Mountain Natural in Black. My sister has been convincing me to change colors, maybe burgundy next time. I told her that I'm not into any red tones and would rather go for brown since I'm a natural brunette. So maybe I should go the chestnut route or maybe not since I love my hair in near black.

No comments: